2. The vigorous brushstrokes and emotion-laden imagery in the paintings of Anselm Kiefer are reminiscent
of the paintings of
3. Which one of the following statements is not true about the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople?
A. It was originally built in the eighth century.
B. It was a church that was transformed into a mosque.
C. It was built by Justinian.
D. It was influenced by Roman architecture.
4. What artistic development is characterized by the use of bright colors, elaborate compositions,
exaggerated forms, and dramatic movement?
5. Mary Cassatt was part of what art movement?
6. Unlike Christian architecture, Hindu religious architecture is
A. not so much constructed as carved.
B. generally unembellished and austere.
C. accessible only to men.
D. very scarce, although very well preserved.
7. Which one of the following artists created Fallingwater?
A. Richard Rogers
B. Robert Venturi
C. James Wines
D. Frank Lloyd Wright
8. Which one of the following buildings is an example of French Gothic architecture?
A. Crystal Palace
B. Notre Dame Cathedral
C. The Parthenon
D. The Seagram Building
9. Another name for serigraphy is
B. wood engraving.
C. metal printmaking.
D. silkscreen printing.
10. Western art culture was founded on and inspired by _______ art.
11. In drawing and painting, the term chiaroscuro refers to the use of
A. complementary colors.
B. two vanishing points.
C. dramatic contrasts between light and dark.
D. forceful contrasting colors.
12. Which Renaissance artist created the dome of the Florence Cathedral?
A. Filippo Brunelleschi
B. Lorenzo Ghiberti
C. Andrea Mantegna
13. This artist was influenced by African masks.
A. Vincent van Gogh
B. Edvard Munch
C. Pablo Picasso
D. Édouard Manet
14. The French photographer _______ was fascinated by airplanes and fast cars.
A. Marc Lacroix
B. Albert Levy
C. Louis Legrand
D. Jacques-Henri Lartigue
15. During what year did the first signs of the Renaissance appear in Italy?
16. Color-Field Painting was associated with what artist?
A. Willem de Kooning
B. Jackson Pollock
C. Franz Kline
D. Mark Rothko
17. Which one of the following artists was associated with Impressionism?
A. William Turner
B. Paul Cezanne
C. Claude Monet
D. Paul Gauguin
18. What group promotes the rights of women artists?
A. Abstract Expressionists
C. National Endowment of the Arts
D. Guerrilla Girls
19. Michelangelo was _______ years old when he carved the Pieta.
20. ________ shapes are representational shapes that have been simplified.
21. Which of the following men designed Monticello?
A. Frank Lloyd Wright
B. James Wines
C. Thomas Jefferson
D. Robert Venturi
22. Which one of the following artists founded the Hudson River School of painting?
A. John Constable
B. J. M. W. Turner
C. Thomas Cole
D. Albert Bierstadt
23. Which one of the following divisions of the applied and decorative arts is used to produce primarily
24. In 325 A.D., Constantine the Great made a declaration that caused a significant change in the daily life
of many Romans. What was the declaration?
A. Gladitorial games would be reinstated.
B. Travel was possible anywhere within the Empire.
C. Aristocratic privileges would be abolished.
D. Christianity was made the official state religion.
25. Marcel Duchamp, Andy Warhol, and Leonardo da Vinci all created different versions of
A. Sacrifice of Isaac.
C. Woman in Black.
D. Mona Lisa.
26. _______ was the most famous practitioner of Classicism.
B. Caspar David Friedrich
C. Nicolas Poussin
D. Eugène Delacroix
27. Byzantine art is a combination of Christian symbolism and _______ style.
28. A/An _______ must understand both art and engineering.
A. industrial designer
B. interior designer
C. graphic designer
D. environmental designer
29. In architecture, a covered walkway is called a/an
30. A flat, two-dimensional background that projects into a relatively shallow three-dimensional space is
called _______ sculpture.
31. _______ suffered a terrible injury as a teenager and spent the rest of her life in pain.
A. Mary Cassatt
B. Rosa Bonheur
C. Frida Kahlo
D. Angelica Kauffmann
32. The greatest Italian painter, and one of the most influential artists of the entire Baroque period of the
seventeenth century, was
A. Gianlorenzo Bernini.
B. Michelangelo de Merisi, called Caravaggio.
C. Domenikos Thetokopoulos, known as El Greco.
D. Artemisia Genteleschi.
33. Which one of the following artists was censored because of the subject matter of his or her
A. Faith Ringgold
B. Jeff Koons
C. Bruce Nauman
D. Robert Mapplethorpe
34. _______ began his career as an illustrator, but later became a political cartoonist.
A. Marc Chagall
B. Jean-François Millet
C. Gustave Courbet
D. Honoré Daumier
35. Action Painting was associated with what artist?
A. Jackson Pollock
B. Salvador Dali
C. Frank Stella
D. Henri Matisse
36. In _______ printmaking, only one print is made.
37. Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo were artists from the _______ period.
38. This artist represents the purist method of Impressionism.
A. Claude Monet
B. Édouard Manet
C. Vincent van Gogh
D. Pierre-Auguste Renoir
39. Impressionism began in what time period and in what country?
A. Seventeenth-century France
B. Eighteenth-century England
C. Nineteenth-century France
D. Nineteenth-century England
40. _______ has the most stained glass windows.
End of exam
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more