Directions: Please show all of your work for each problem. If applicable, you may find Microsoft Word’s equation editor helpful in creating mathematical expressions in Word. There is a tutorial on using this equation editor in Module 1 Lecture Notes. You also have the option of hand writing your work and scanning it.
List all the factors of 88.
List all the prime numbers between 25 and 60.
Find the GCF for 16 and 17.
Find the LCM for 13 and 39.
5. Write the fraction in simplest form.
6. Multiply. Be sure to simplify the product.
7. Divide. Write the result in simplest form.
9. Perform the indicated operation. Write the result in simplest form. –
10. Perform the indicated operation. Write the result in simplest form. ÷
11. Find the decimal equivalent of rounded to the hundredths place.
12. Write 0.12 as a fraction and simplify.
13. Perform the indicated operation. 8.50 – 1.72
15. Write 255% as a decimal.
16. Write 0.037 as a percent.
17. Evaluate. 56 ÷ 7 – 28 ÷ 7
18. Evaluate. 9 · 42
19. Multiply: (-1/4)(8/13)
20. Translate to an algebraic expression: Twice x, plus 5, is the same as -14.
21. Identify the property that is illustrated by the following statement. 5 + 15 = 15 + 5
22. Identify the property that is illustrated by the following statement.
(6 · 13) · 10 = 6 · (13 · 10)
23. Identify the property that is illustrated by the following statement.
10 · (3 + 11) = 10 · 3 + 10 · 11
24. Use the distributive property to remove the parentheses in the following expression. Then simplify your result where possible. 3.1(3 + 7)
25. Add. 14 + (–6)
26. Subtract.–17 – 6
27. Evaluate. 3 – (–3) – 13 – (–5)
30. Evaluate. (–6)2 – 52
31. Evaluate. (–9)(0) + 13
32. A man lost 36 pounds (lb) while dieting. If he lost 3 pounds each week, how long has he been dieting?
33. Write the following phrase using symbols: 2 times the sum of v and p
34. Write the following phrase using symbols. Use the variable x to represent the number: The quotient of a number and 4
35. Dora puts 50 cents in her piggy bank every night before she goes to bed. If M represents the money (in dollars) in her piggy bank this morning, how much money (in dollars) is in her piggy bank when she goes to bed tonight?
36. Write the following geometric expression using the given symbols.
times the Area of the base (A) times the height(h)
37. Evaluate if x = 12, y = , and z = .
38. A formula that relates Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature is . If the current temperature is 59°F, what is the Celsius temperature?
39. If the circumference of a circle whose radius is r is given by C = 2πr, in which π ≈ 3.14, find the circumference when r = 15 meters (m).
40. Combine like terms: 9v + 6w + 4v
41. A rectangle has sides of 3x – 4 and 7x + 10. Provide a simplified expression for its perimeter.
42. Subtract 4ab3 from the sum of 10ab3 and 2ab3.
43. Use the distributive property to remove the parentheses, then simplify by combining like terms: 7(4s – 5) + 9
44. Multiply: 8u6 · 3u3
45. Simplify the expression, if possible:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more