Create a 350-word memo to management including the following:
· Describe the break-even point and its importance.
· Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
Calculate the following time value of money problems:
1. If you want to accumulate $500,000 in 20 years, how much do you need to deposit today that pays an interest rate of 15%?
2. What is the future value if you plan to invest $200,000 for 5 years and the interest rate is 5%?
3. What is the interest rate for an initial investment of $100,000 to grow to $300,000 in 10 years?
4. If your company purchases an annuity that will pay $50,000/year for 10 years at a 11% discount rate, what is the value of the annuity on the purchase date if the first annuity payment is made on the date of purchase?
5. What is the rate of return required to accumulate $400,000 if you invest $10,000 per year for 20 years. Assume all payments are made at the end of the period.
· Which project would you select, and why?
· Which project would you select under the payback method? The discount rate is 10% for both projects.
· Use Microsoft® Excel® to prepare your answer.
· Note that a similar problem is in the textbook in Section 5.1.
Sample Template for Project A and Project B:
Initial Investment Year 1 Year 2 Year 3
Project A (10,000) 5,000 5,000 5,000
Project B (55,000) 20,000 20,000 20,000
“Table showing investments and returns for Project A and Project B. Project A has $10,000 initial investment with $5,000 returns in each of the first 3 years. Project B has $55,000 initial investment with $20,000 in each of the first 3 years.”
Show all work.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more