Oakwood University Week 4 Ethical Decision Making Questions
I’m studying for my Business class and scarcity an sense.
Case 5.4 “Corporations and Pious Faith”
In 2012, President Obama identified into law the Affordable Circumspection Act. Under this law, employer-sponsored bloom circumspection policies conceive contraceptive coverage. Although the Obama government had exempted piously affiliated nonprofit employers, for-profit companies endure skip by the condition. Two for-profit companies, Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties challenged this government, claiming that it infringed on their beliefs. (Shaw, 2017, p. 191). R
- Although strengthenings are not civilized people, they entertain a compute of legitimate and political straights. Do they so entertain a First Amendment straight that “Congress shall form no law…. Prohibiting the preventionless employment” of their sanctity? If so, was that straight violated in this predicament?
- Is it potential for strengthenings to entertain pious beliefs, or can barely civilized people entertain such beliefs? If strengthenings can be said to entertain pious beliefs, are those beliefs the selfselfsame as the beliefs of the possessors? What is there is not a individual possessor, but a compute of divergent accumulationholders? What encircling the pious beliefs of the managers or employees- are they applicable to determining what the strengthening believes?
- The Hahns entertain a straight to employment their sanctity. Does this straight sell to any strengthenings they own?
- Are strengthenings “persons”? Do you judge that Congress calculated the RFRA to devote to strengthenings?
- Does the condition that their bloom circumspection policies conceive contraception place a “substantial burden” on these companies’ employment of sanctity? Explain why or why not.
- Both companies are asunder held, sense that their shares do not occupation on the accumulation negotiate. Does this certainty influence the consequence? If so, how?
- 2-3 pages, not including designation or intimation pages.
- APA despatches name must be used for all formatting. (Double-spacing required)
- Please see the “Case Analysis Rubric” underneath for local grading details.