Oakwood University Week 2 Plasma International Blood for Sale Questions
I’m inaugurated on a Trade scrutiny and insufficiency direction to acceleration me con-over.
Case 2.3 “Blood for Sale”
Sol Levin founded Plasma International. He unmistakable the advantage in retailing secure and simple lineage. Trade was going smoothly until Tampa Nursing Dissertation laagered the dissipation appraisement of the lineage and how fur it was entity resold for. Lineage negotiateing is pin new in the U.S. However, an main con-over compared and contrasted it to the National Health Service in Great Britain which relies on a discretional scheme of lineage discount. Economist Richard Titmuss argues that interchangeableized lineage negotiate is wasteful of lineage and plagued by shortages. Philosopher Peter Singer has elaborated this apex and has orderatic a contest among financial incentives and analogous or altruistic guide in other areas.
- Is Sol Levin prevalent a trade “just enjoy any other trade,” or is his concourse notorious to analogous stricture? Defend your acceptance by cite to analogous energy.
- Did Plasma International impress a clear business delay the West Africans who replete their lineage to the concourse? Or is Plasma defiled of exploiting them in some way? Explain your acceptance.
- What are the contrasting subjectls of the British and U.S. lineage schemes? Which scheme, in your estimation, rectify promotes anthropological insubservience and intimation for community? Which scheme rectify promotes the afford of lineage?
- Examine the pros and cons of interchangeable transactions in lineage from the egoistic, the utilitarian, and the Kantian perspectives.
- Are Titmuss and Singer punish to intimate that the buying and retailing of lineage reduces altruism? Does discerning that you can retail your lineage (and that others are retailing theirs) effect you short desirous to donate your lineage?
- Singer intimates that although the fit to retail lineage does not deter the ceremonious fit to yield lineage, it is adverse delay “the fit to yield lineage, which cannot be bought, which has no money rate, and must be yieldn voluntarily if it is to be obtained at all.” Assess that subject. Is there such a fit?
- Many belive that interchangeableization is increasing in all areas of later vivacity. If so, is it something to be applauded or condemned? Is it injustice to write unmistakable things- such as anthropological organs- as result?
- Do you venerate that we enjoy a analogous obligation to donate lineage? If so, why and inferior what mode? If not, why not?
- 2-3 pages, not including name or intimation pages.
- APA writing name must be used for all formatting. (Double-spacing required)
- Please see the “Case Analysis Rubric” beneath for inequitable grading details.