Experimental Design for Biologists Reflection II (Ch. 8-12)
1. The human genome project was massive scientific undertaking
a. Was this project framed by a specific hypothesis? Why or why not?
b. Why was the formulation of reasonable hypotheses about the human genome possible after the project concluded?
2. Discuss two ways in which the format of a question ultimately helps a scientist approach his/her research in a better way than a hypothesis.
3. What is an a priori model and how do you think this idea applies to you and your senior research thesis?
4. What does it mean to “access the inductive space”? How does it fit into the question/model-building framework approach to research?
5. Sketch an outline of the example study in Chapter 11, illustrating how a project can be framed with a board open-ended question and then narrowed to focus on specific experimental questions. Continue this outline to capture the entire case study. (hint, try to apply the numbered list of steps provided in that chapter to the specifics of the case study.)
6. What are two major criticisms of American biology and biomedical research in the present day?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more